Monday, October 31, 2011

Examination Day

When I had the interview for Siemens (an ATOS company), I was told that the batch I will be in will be deployed to the Towers Watson account. One of the requirements that they need is for the employees be IELTS certified.

IELTS stand for International English Language Testing System. Simply put, it measures ability of one person to converse, understand, and use the English language. The organization who manages it are the standard when it comes to measuring the how effective we are when using the language. IELTS also is a requirement when migrating abroad, either for academic or residential purposes. It comprises of 4 exams, namely, Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking.

And so, our batch is on our 2nd week. I am to take the speaking test on Thursday, the 3rd of November on the British Consulate, and the rest of the written exams on Saturday. Given the scores that I got from our written test exercises, I am kind of anxious as to how it will turn out on Saturday. I also need to make sure that I don't blank out on Thursday during the speaking exam.

Wish me luck. I know baby Gabe is adding more luck on my side. This is another step, and as Maya always say, failure is not an option. :)

No comments: